For many graphics designing is an esoteric art that only a few can master. Many don’t even try as they find it too tough to work with. It makes business owners in print industry constantly seeking for graphics designers who can put their ideas on canvas. Nearly all businesses needs a graphics designer at some point, which is why I did some research and found out the cost of hiring a graphics designer.
What is the Cost of Hiring a Graphics Designer? Hiring a graphics designer could cost you between $20 per hour for a newbie and $300 per hour for experienced graphics designers. You could also hire freelance graphics designer based on projects, such as for a logo design, which can cost between approx. $150 to $600.
For the most part, the cost will be a negotiation between you and your designer. You could look into websites such as Fiverr, UpWork or Freelancer.com to hire graphics designer at as low as $5 per hour or per project. That said, most of the graphics designers offering low cost services are typically newbies.
A lot goes into determining the cost of hiring a graphics designer. It involves aspects such as time, type of work, experience of the designer, and others. Of course designing a logo from a professional designer is going to cost more than designing a artwork. On the other hand, some could be more inclined to designing artworks than logos for which they will charge more for designing an artwork for t-shirts than designing a logo. Next, a newbie may just charge $20 per hour but an experienced could charge as high as $300 per hour.
The Production Process
A typical graphics production process involves:
- Brainstorming ideas
- Selecting the right color theme, typeface etc.
- Review and approval
- Final deliverable
Time of Completion
- Flyers – upto 10 hours – $200 to $3,000
- Logo – upto 20 hours – $400 to $6,000
- Infographics – upto 30 hours – $600 to $18,000
You can reduce the timeline significantly simply by
- Giving complete details with specifics of your design needs
- Preparing a rough design or any related materials from your need
- Keeping the review and approval process fast and simple.
Approx. cost of hiring graphics designers
- Newbies – $25 to $50 per hour
- Experienced – $70 to $150 per hour
- Popular graphics designers – $300 to $700 per hour
Project based approx. cost of hiring graphics designers
- Designing a logo from scratch – $500 to $2000 per logo
- Designing a logo using industry standard templates – $150 to $450 per logo
- Business stationery such as a brochure from scratch – $300 to $600
- Business stationery such as brochure using industry standard templates – $150 to $250 per brochure
- Business cards – avg. $200
- Letterhead design – avg. $350
- Electronic signature – avg. $350
- Advert design – avg. $550
- Banner design – avg. $650
- Flyer design – avg. $650
- Invitation design – avg. $650
- Magazine layout & design – $5000+
- T-shirt design – avg. $500
- Website design – avg. $1500
- Venue posters – avg. $300
What is the cost of freelance graphics designers? The average lower end cost of freelance graphics designer is $74 an hour. The average higher end cost for a freelance graphics designer would be $450 an hour.
What is the cost of DIY design? For DIY designs, you would need professional design tools such as Illustrator or Photoshop, which will cost up to $30 per month. Setting up a professional PC to run graphics designer application would cost nearly $750. Learning illustrator or photoshop could cost between $300 to $3000 depending upon the trainer. So, in total the DIY cost of graphics design would be $700 to $2000 per project.
You may also like
March 26, 2019
March 21, 2019
March 19, 2019