An Apparel company has to woo its customers to stunning visuals of their products. There are primarily two platforms that provide the visual experience customers need – Instagram, Pinterest. Today, in this blog we are going to discuss about the Pinterest social media channel.
For the most part, apparel business have to flaunt their products to their customers to make sales. Pinterest is a great place for the product photos to make a statement which gives that initial traction that fashion industries need. Survey suggests that visitors from Pinterest are 10% more likely to buy the product. Nearly all big fashion brands are running successful campaigns on Pinterest and Instagram.
Here are some best ways to incorporate Pinterest into your marketing campaign
1. Using Pinterest Button
The first thing you should do is to make way for your users to spread your word. And the easiest way for brand awareness and sales is by adding ‘Pin’ button to your website where users can pin the photos of your products to their public Pinterest boards. Your customers would love it when an actual person endorses your product.
2. Business Account and Product Boards
The next step would be to create your own account both for yourself and your brand. You can run your Pinterest campaign both as an individual user as well as a company. With your personal account you can choose you pin images of things that inspire you and the business account will have images everything related to your business. Then, you can create a ‘Smart’ board i.e. you could have each board with a different theme. For example you can create a board for shirts, another for trousers, another for leather products, and more such. It could also be for contemporary design, classic design, pop culture and everything you can think of. This helps your readers to find everything they need at one place.
3. Add Price To Images
For all your items that are in stock, you should add the price to help online users find and purchase your product. It suggests that you will need a Pinterest handler who would constantly update the price and availability of your product on your board.
4. Inspire Like a Fashion Brand
People usually come to pinterest to get a visual inspiration. You images should not just be about the product but also an inspiration or contribution to the fashion industry. You could create your own product ensemble photos and could also inspire with other accessories such as wrist watches, cufflinks, ties and other fashion accessories, even if it’s not in your product line.
5. Other Things You Can Do:
- Create Testimonial Board – You could share screenshots of the testimonials send by your customers.
- Hashtags(#) – Make use of hashtags to make your products more search friendly, you could also use popular hashtag and even create your own signature hashtags.
- Contest – You could try promoting your product by hosting a contest online and later you could post the image of the users who won the contest.
We strongly suggest that you hire professional Pinterest marketing personnel who can manage and run your campaign.
Here are Some Pinterest Marketing Stats You Should Know
- Nearly 250 million people use Pinterest each month
- Over 81% of women in the US are aged between 25 to 54
- Nearly 34% of American Pinterest users are between 18 to 49
- Over 50% of new sign-ups in 2019 were men
- Nearly 80% of new sign-ups are from outside US
- Over 80% of Pinterest users are mobile users
- Nearly 98% of users would try out the ideas they find on Pinterest
- Over 60% of millennials have purchased products online through Pinterest
- Nearly 78% of users say that images from different fashion brands are useful to them
Using Pinterest for Business
- Step 1: Create a Pinterest business account
- Step 2: Complete your Pinterest profile
- Step 3: Claim you business website
- Step 4: Create your board and pin images
- Step 5: Edit board and add other social media extensions
Pinterest Best Practices
- Share only the best ideas (inspiration and actionable)
- Search and follow your audiences
- Use unique images
- Always use high-quality or high-resolution images
- Add copy content with images
- Build your brand
- User multiple images
- Use well-researched keywords
- Provide helpful descriptions
- Add relevant hashtags
- Use links to your website and other pages
- Follow the trend
- Join group boards
- Optimize board for search
- Start video campaign
Pinterest has long been a primary choice as a social media platform for fashion industries. Today, Instagram is another significant player. Many people come to pinterest looking for information and inspiration, which is why it is more actionable than Instagram. That said, it’s worth mentioning that, making communication should be the first aim at running social media campaign than making sales.
You may also like
March 26, 2019
March 21, 2019
March 18, 2019