Everybody loves when something is personalized for them, hence customers love when their shopping experience is personalized. That’s why you see so many ecommerce websites doing their best to personalize their ecommerce website to deliver more accurate, relevant and personalized experience to their customers.
Personalization is more relevant in today’s market. Amazon.com was the first well-known website to use personalization intensively throughout the shopping experience. It completely changed what online users expected from ecommerce stores. Other stores had to integration personalization to meet their online users’ demands. All your ads, emails, landing pages, offers, and your website should be personalized for individual visitors.
Facts about Online Personalization
1. Nearly 75% of consumers are more likely to buy from retail shops who recognize them by their name, interests, knows their purchase history and give shopping recommendations.
2. 74% of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized.
3. 65% of ecommerce stores report an increase in conversion rates when implementing personalization strategy.
4. 94% of marketers agree that online personalization is critical to their business.
5. Companies that invested in analytics to understand how to personalize their message more effectively save nearly 49% increase in revenue growth.
6. 63% of consumers said that they think more positively about the brand who gave valuable, interesting and relevant data.
Buying Behavior Stats
7. By 2040 nearly 95% of purchases will be done through ecommerce.
8. Over 65% of shoppers check the returns page before making a purchase.
9. Nearly 40% of people will leave a website if the layout or design is not attractive.
10. Two-thirds of consumers expect a same-day response to queries about their product or services.
11. Millennials now make nearly 55% of the purchases online.
12. 4 in 10 purchases are made using only an online channel for searching and buying.
eCommerce Platform Statistics
13. In 2017 almost 60% of ecommerce sales took place on mobile devices.
14. Nearly 70% of mobile purchases are influenced by emails from the retailer.
15. 85% of customers start a purchase on one device and finish it on another.
16. 57% of mobile customers will abandon an ecommerce site if they have to wait 3 seconds for a page to load.
17. 52% of people say they’re less likely to re-engage with a brand following a bad mobile experience.
Statistics on Abandoned Cart
18. Almost 70% of online baskets are abandoned.
19. Over 55% of online shoppers abandon their online basket because they were presented with unexpected costs during the checkout.
20. Order value of purchases from basket abandonment emails is 14.2% higher than regular purchases.
21. 54% of shoppers will purchase products that are left in their basket if those products are offered at a lower price.
22. 23% of shoppers will abandon cart if they are forced to register an account.
Email Marketing Statistics
23. Email brings the biggest source of traffic to eCommerce sites after organic.
24. Users who read one welcome email will go on to open at least 40% of emails from the same brand in the following 180 days.
25. 80% of consumers like it when they receive retail emails that recommend products to them based on previous purchases.
eCommerce Personalization Statistics
26. Only 20% of ecommerce store use behavioral targeting.
27. By 2020, customer experience will become the key brand differentiator.
28. 93% of companies see an increase in conversion rates from personalization.
29. Having a personalized homepage can increase sales by 7%.
30. A staggering 35% of Amazon’s revenue is generated from its recommendation engine.
31. 74% of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized for them.
32. 59% of consumers say that personalization significantly influenced what they purchased.
33. 50% of consumers would buy from the same ecommerce retailers if they were presented with personalized offers and information.
34. It is seven times more expensive to get a new customer than retain an existing one.
35. 76% of companies consider a customer’s lifetime value to be important for success.
36. Only 18% of companies focus their resources on customer retention.
37. Companies who have strategies for customer journey management increase their ROI by 53%.